Our beliefs at Emmanuel are based only on the Word of God as expressed below by providing the Scripture references for these basic Christian doctrines.
- The Bible alone is God’s inspired and inerrant Word and is the final authority on all matters of faith.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- The one eternal Triune God is revealed by Scripture: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:1-3; John 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17)
- All people by nature are separated from God by sin.
(Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Jesus, true God and man, lived a sinless life, died on the cross and was resurrected to life for the forgiveness of our sins and to reunite us with God.
(John 3:16; Romans 5:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- We are saved by God’s grace, His forgiveness of sins, life and salvation in Jesus Christ, which we receive by faith.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16)
- Through Baptism, which Jesus commanded, God adopts us as His children.
(Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 6:4-6; Acts 2:39)
- Jesus gives us Himself through His Supper, assuring us of forgiveness and strength.
(Matthew 26:26-28; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- The Holy Spirit brings people to faith in Jesus and then gives gifts to each of His children as He chooses, which are given to strengthen the body of Christ.
(1 Corinthians 12:1-11; 1 Corinthians 14:12; Romans 12:4-8)
- We are called to give our lives to following Jesus, connecting other people to Jesus by sharing His love in our words and actions.
(Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-47; 1 John 3:16-18)
- Jesus will come again in glory at a time only God knows to judge all people and give all believers eternal life.
(Acts 1:11; Mark 13:32-37)