Growing healthy households of faith is at the heart of congregational life at Emmanuel. Families are the foundational means by which we pass along our faith to the next generation. Families’ sharing their lives with other families in Connection Groups and adults mentoring youth further insures passing our faith to the next generation. We seek to provide resources to help family members grow in their knowledge of Scripture, in their understanding of the Gospel, in sharing their faith together, and in their Christian service.
At Emmanuel we provide for and encourage faith development among family members of all ages through our worship services, Sunday School, Adult Bible Classes, Confirmation instructions, family devotions, and family retreats as scheduled. The Manager of Youth and Young Adult Discipleship and the Family Life Ministry Team focus on the preparation of young adults for Christian living as singles and married couples. The Pastoral Staff provide “Prepare-Enrich” pre- and post-marriage counseling. An annual Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Class is scheduled as part of our Adult Discipleship class offerings.
The key elements of growing healthy families at Emmanuel include:
- Family Prayer and Devotional Helps are provided seasonally during Advent and Lent and throughout the year with quarterly distribution of materials for adults, teens, and children.
- Intergenerational Classic Grace, Living Praise, and Seasonal Worship
- Legacy and Intergenerational, Geographical Connection Groups
- Confirmation for Grades 6-8 with Parent/Guardian Participation
- Jr. and Sr. High Youth Ministries with Adult Volunteer Mentors
- The Mosaic track for Mission Life include courses regarding marriage, parenting, grandparenting, etc.